We’ve just started on a new year and that makes it a good time to change your furnace filter. You probably recently cleaned the house over the holidays, kicking up lots of dust that—once in the air—gets collected in the furnace filter. Furthermore, with these cold days the indoor air quality of your home is very important. Leaving an old or clogged filter in the furnace reduces air flow and can push dust around your house.
James Allen Builders recommends doing the following before you forget:
- Check your furnace to find out the size filter needed.
- You can also look for any specifications regarding type and MERV rating.
- Go online or to your local hardware store to buy a new filter.
- If you need help deciding what filter to buy call us and we can help.
- Change your furnace filter.
- Make sure the air flow arrow is pointing in the correct direction.
- In general the air will move from a large duct through the furnace so the arrow should be pointing towards the furnace.
- Set a reminder on your phone for every three months to remind yourself to check the filter.
- Call James Allen Builders 262-327-3907 to set up a home maintenance plan.
- We can have your furnace tuned, water heater drained, and help you come up with a customized plan to keep your home in top shape.